Los Angeles Fibromyalgia Doctor
Pregnant fibromyalgia patients typically experience a worsening of their symptoms. It is unknown why pregnancy may aggravate this condition. The following symptoms are reported (1) –
- Severe muscle cramping
- Increased nausea/vomiting (first trimester)
- Disturbed sleep, leading to increased fatigue
- Increased tender spot pain (depending on the position of the baby)
Pregnant fibromyalgia patients are encouraged to explore drugless options in order to manage their symptoms (2).
To learn more about the connection between head and neck injuries and fibromyalgia download our free e-book by clicking the link.
How is My Spine Related To Fibromyalgia?
When the top bone in your neck (atlas) misaligns, it creates pressure in your spinal cord. Your spinal cord is responsible for sending signals to and from your brain. When there is pressure on your spinal cord, the signals are distorted. This can potentially lead to chronic pain, fatigue, and other fibromyalgia symptoms.
I am trained in upper cervical chiropractic, a specific chiropractic approach that detects and corrects atlas misalignments. Through specific realignment of the atlas, there is reduced pressure on the spinal cord. This allows for proper signals to be sent to and from the brain. This may lead to a reduction in fibromyalgia symptoms.
Soriano et al. reported a case of a 31-year-old fibromyalgia patient who saw a decrease in her symptoms within 2 months of receiving atlas care. After 5 atlas corrections over the course of 18 months, the patient reported that they no longer needed their medications to manage their symptoms. (3)
To schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Hall call 310-324-6172 for our Carson or call 213-399-7772 for our Los Angeles office. You can also click on this link: www.uppercervicalcare.schedapple.com
- Schaefer K. Struggling to maintain balance: a study of women living with fibromyalgia. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 1995;21(1):95-102.
- Marcus D, Deodhar A. Fibromyalgia. New York: Springer Science+Business Media, LLC; 2011.
- Soriano W, Apatiga A. Resolution of Fibromyalgia & Polypharmacy Concomitant with Increased Cervical Curve & Improved Quality of Life Following Reduction of Upper Cervical Subluxation: A Case Study. J Upper Cerv Chiro Res [Internet]. 2014 [cited 22 February 2016];2014(October):61-67. Available from: http://uppercervicalsubluxation.sharepoint.com/Pages/2014_1337_fibromyalgia.aspx
Los Angeles area including Long Beach, Beverly Hills, Carson, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Torrance, Santa Monica, Cerritos, Rancho Palos Verdes, Palos Verdes Estates, EL Segundo, Westwood, Glendale, Pasadena, Eagle Rock, Atwater Village, Encino, Silver Lake, Venice, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Costa Mesa, Fountain Valley, Malibu, Pacific Palisades, Montebello, Fullerton, Anaheim, Whittier , Simi Valley, Santa Barbara, Westlake Village, Alhambra, Culver City, Gardena, Bellflower, Burbank, La Canada, Whittier, Monterey Park, West Hollywood, North Hollywood, West Covina, Inglewood, Hawthorne, Lawndale, San Pedro, Marina Del Rey, Playa Del Rey, Valencia, Santa Clarita, Moorpark, Yoruba Linda, Corona , Moreno Valley, Lomita, and other Southern California regions such as Orange County