Ensuring Safety and Preventing Back Pain at Work – Los Angeles Back Pain
Ensuring Safety and Preventing Back Pain at Work - Los Angeles Back Pain
A work-related injury is a possibility for anyone in any type of job. Common injuries are those involving back pain. In fact, most companies will hire a risk manager or have a specific person appointed to keep a lookout for safety issues and, hopefully, reduce the risk of job-related injuries.
Let’s take a look at some job types and what a person can do to reduce the possibility that they will be injured.
Sitting at a Desk
These types of jobs require a person to sit for long periods of time answering phones, typing, and performing computer work. What can these people do to be safer?
- Use the 20/20/20 rule: Every 20 minutes look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
- Ergonomic keyboards can be helpful.
- Stand up, stretch, and walk around every 45 minutes.
- Use lumbar support for the back.
Driving in a Vehicle
Semi-truck drivers, delivery people, and transport jobs all involve a risk for back injury.
- Always wear a seatbelt.
- Use a hands-free device for cell phone use.
- Make sure the seat is adjusted properly and use lumbar support.
- Be sure to adjust and use your mirrors.
These would include any job that involves lifting objects, working outdoors, and jobs using physical movement or force.
- Lift properly using the leg muscles by crouching down, relaxing, and bending the legs, not the torso.
- A back brace or similar support is a great idea in these kinds of jobs.
It is important to always have a safe workplace environment. Lighting should be sufficient, safety signs should be where they can be seen easily, and walkways should remain clean and clear. While these are all great ideas, accidents do happen. What then?
Upper Cervical Chiropractic Care for Back Pain
We specialize in making sure our patients’ necks are in proper alignment. A misalignment can easily happen with a workplace injury. Coming to see us if this does occur is a good place to start. We will find and correct the problem and send one back to work a healthier and happier person! The Upper Cervical Spine controls the muscle tone of the back and neck. Many times low back pain is not caused in the back but the neck! Listen to what of some of our patients are saying:
To schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Hall call 310-324-6172 for our Carson or call 213-399-7772 for our Los Angeles office. You can also click this link to schedule an appointment: www.uppercervcialcare.schedapple.com . Los Angeles Back Pain? We can Help!
- Natural Back Pain Relief
- How Your Head Affects Your Back
- Sciatica Treatment